Learn to Place and Restore Simple Implants
To provide the dentist with a sound understanding of dental implant case selection.
This will also include an understanding of the skills or techniques necessary to surgically place a dental implant.
The participants will be able to take either digital or traditional impressions of a dental implant and be able to restore an implant successfully using a screw or cement retained technique. They will also be able to monitor a dental implant and be able to distinguish between a successful, failing or failed implant.
- To understand the terminology involved in dental implantology
- To create an awareness of the case selection for this treatment modality
- To be able to distinguish between a simple or complex implant case
- To appreciate the medical risks involved
- To understand the steps involved with dental implant treatment
- To understand the different implant-based restorative options
- To understand the various techniques of implant impression-taking
- To understand lab communication for a single implant crown
- To be able to fit a screw/cement-retained implant crown
- To be able to review a dental implant